It is almost imperceptible, virtually invisible and to most, it is unknowingly destroying their health. This little white granule may be one of the most silent and deadly destroyers of health known to humankind. Why is that? Well think about the fact that almost every processed food known to Americans has some type of sugar. Think about the fact that sugar is not natural it is manmade. White granulated sugar comes from sugar cane, but it doesn’t even remotely resemble the natural form.
You may wonder how sugar slowly destroys your health, so here’s a list of 24 ways:
1. Excess sugar can cause you to produce too much acid, which causes an acidic digestive tract.
2. Sugar decreases the absorption of both calcium and magnesium.
3. Sugar can interfere with the absorption of protein.
4. Sugar can cause you to age prematurely.
5. Excess sugar can destroy your teeth, eventually leading to tooth decay.
6. Sugar enhances and accelerates the growth of Candida Albicans, which causes yeast infections.
7. Sugar has a negative impact on Collagen and promotes the premature aging of skin.
8. Sugar can damage your pancreas.
9. Sugar increases your body’s fluid retention.
10. Sugar can make your tendons weaker, thus causing joint inflammation.
11. Sugar can cause migraine headaches.
12. Sugar impairs adrenal gland function.
13. Sugar can cause low birth rates in babies.
14. Sugar can increase the estradiol levels in young men (those still developing into manhood).
15. Your body converts sugar into fat at 200 to 500% times that rate of starch.
16. Sugar is an addictive substance.
17. Sugar causes higher blood pressure in obese people.
18. Sugar can contribute to diabetes and worsen diabetic conditions in those that already have it.
19. Sugar can contribute to the skin condition eczema, in children.
20. Sugar causes your LDL (Low Density Lipids) levels to rise.
21. Sugar causes food allergies.
22. Sugar can increase your systolic blood pressure levels.
23. Sugar causes hyperactivity and mood swings in children.
24. Sugar can weaken your vision.
Now you may be wondering at this point if I have anything good at all to say about sugar. Well, actually I do, “it makes your food tastes sweeter.” Outside of that, if I’m to be honest, sugar has no real nutritive value and it really does much more harm than good. The elimination of sugar in the diet, will invariably have positive health benefits.
When you eliminate or decrease your sugar levels, there will be withdrawal symptoms. You may experience headaches, anger, depression, mood swings and other negative side effects, but once you get past this initial period you will start to experience a stronger metabolism, healthier immune system and a general feeling of well-being. In addition, you will have several other short and long-term health benefits that will improve your health, fitness and mental clarity.
When you think of these 24 ways that sugar slowly destroys your health, you can’t help but realize that on the flip side…eliminating sugar will improve your health those 24 ways as well.